Monday, June 1, 2009

Over Europe

I am writing this post on the plane. I just finished watching a movie called Ip Man, a Chinese film which is described as a semi-biography about a man who was a master of a certain form of martial arts called Wing Chun. Part of the film was set during the Japanese invasion of China during World War II. Interesting to see this bit of history from the Chinese perspective. I assume being in Europe may also give us a different sense of perspective (on history and culture).

Each seat has its own screen, and passengers can choose from many options: Movies, TV shows, News, and Music. While I was watching the martial arts film Beth was watching a music special called Celtic Women - lots of singing and fiddle playing she told me. Beth also found a cool feature on these displays that shows a map of our route and current location. As I write this we are over France heading toward Italy. We are about an hour from landing, but simply being over Europe, being able to look down at the French coastline, is making this trip feel more real with every passing moment.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I finally sat down this morning to read your blog. I'm so glad you're sharing your trip with everyone, so we can vicariously live through you two! On the plane, the map with the current location is great but doesn't it seem like the plane sits over top of your destination FOREVER before landing! Looking forward to reading the rest of your blogs...

    ReplyDelete